On narcotics. Having Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, chronic migraines, tethered cord, chiari decompression and fibromyalgia. Treatment?

I've been on narcotics since 1993. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, chronic migraines (which is why they started me on percocet to begin with. the migraines started in infancy. I also have a tethered cord (spine) have had a Chiari decompression, fibromyalgia, a spinal fusion, and then consequent un-fusion. A year after that I suffered a small TIA. I also have had all of my teeth removed and implants, due to AmelioGenesis Imperfecta. So I've been under constant pain management supervision by a pain specialist, who recently detoxed me and started me on Suboxone films. I am having blisters form under my tongue, where the medication is placed. Am I Allergic to this medication? What should I do? I appreciate your advice, sincerely XXXXXXX P.S. I am a 38 year old mother of a 13 year old and an 8 year old, both awful pregnancies and my son was born 8 weeks early, so it hasnt been easy on me!!!
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, this could be an allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for sharing your story with us.
I really feel very sorry about your multiple problems & appreciate your strength to deal with them along with a hectic family life.
Yes, you are right this could be an allergic or hypersensitivity reaction to the sublingual films. You should immediately report this to your prescribing doctor. Please don't stop the medicine on your own as you may experience sever withdrawal symptoms.
May God help you deal with these problem.
Best wishes.