On medication for high blood pressure. Noticed tibial stress syndrome. Concerned

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I'm a 29 year old man who takes medication for high blood pressure. Did a 3.5 mile walk today and tonight I havehave indents on my lower leg perendicular to my XXXXXXX bone. Is this possibly the result of XXXXXXX splints, which I've had problems with recently, or perhaps something more concerning?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 28 minutes later

It seems to be due to XXXXXXX splints (tibial stress syndrome).

They might be caused by:
- Irritated and swollen muscles, often caused by overuse
- Stress fractures, which are tiny, hairline breaks in the lower leg bones
- Overpronation or ''flat feet" -- when the impact of a step causes the arch of your foot to collapse, -- - Stretching the muscles and tendons.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns

Wishing you good health...