Noticed mucus and white specks in bowel movement. Should I go for colonoscopy?

My stool had steak-like grizzle (not greasy) strung through it along side mucus. Did tests, there were no parasites, my blood was normal, and no infections were found. I had another bowl movement where the mucus was in a patch and almost looks condensed. Next my stool had small thin white specs around it. It hurts to go to the washroom and now I feel like I have stomach ulcer... I'm a 21 year old female with little money and could use any advise - I'm thinking I should just go for the colonoscopy... I havent been sent to a specialist yet...? P.s I have pictures of the first weird bowel movement
these white specs were thin, and chalk like looking, I could see the darkness of the stool underneath the the chalk like spots, there wasn't too many or any uniform in shape, or exact size - just itty bitty, you had to look close to see it. But either way the standard stool tests, blood tests came back normal and no parasites. :/
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Normally the stool is formed of undigested fibers, salts, dead colonizer bacteria, mucus and water according to consistency.
When water content and the fiber part is low the mucus looks prominent and particularly becomes visible on hard stools surface.
I think that is the case with you.
You are having a constipated motion and abnormal looking stools.
Your reports have also indirectly stated that thing.
You can consult a gastroenterologist for your satisfaction but most likely you are normal and only thing needed is good water intake and medicines for constipation.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!