Noticed low heart beat in a new born. What are the complications?

Pediatrician
Question
hello dr,my baby born on 19.10.2012 with normal delivery and she is normal past four daysso we done the family planning but the day before yesterday doctor told the heart beat is low after that the child specilalist checked the baby and told its an minor issue the blog will be clear automatically we will investigate after 15 days with eco scan,but i am very upset regarding this kindly explain the correct issue
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 12 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

A number of changes take place in the heart in the first few days following birth. The following bare minimum cardiology related investigations are done in such cases apart from other investigations:
1. ECG
2. X-ray chest
3. Echocardiography
Depending on the reports further course of action will be decided. I suggest that you discuss with your doctor and ask for a provisional diagnosis so that we can guide you accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you require any clarifications or would like to share any further facts regarding the case.

Wishing your son all the best...

RKK

Follow-up: Noticed low heart beat in a new born. What are the complications? 26 minutes later
dear sir,

Kindly explain any major issue for this or it will be curable

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query. I appreciate your concern.

There can be a number of conditions and till the investigations mentioned earlier are known it shall not be possible to provide an explanation. Each of the investigations mentioned have their significance to come to a conclusion.

If you can let us know the provisional diagnosis then we can give some guidance.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back with more information so that we can guide you.

RKK