Noticed erectile dysfunction after taking oxy elite pro fat burner. Should I stop taking this?

Question
Hi, I am taking oxy elite pro fat burner, I've just started today with two pills, and I see I'm not getting a erection as usual...kindly advice me on this...will this side effect reduce or should I stop taking these tablets..
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,
The Oxy elite pro is a herbal product which combines 5-6 herbal extracts, which are age-old medicines tested in Ayurveda, most remarkable of them is rauwolscine.
They affect the brain mechanism of hunger and are proportedly metabolism boosters.
As a rule they increase the sympathetic drive and may cause fast heart beating, anxiety, flushing, inablity to concentrate, premature ejaculation, inability to achieve erection.
If you have taken the medicine for the first time then you should not worry, the body needs time to adjust to such medicines and most of the persons get the pre-treatment levels of functionality in a week's duration.
It is not a drug to improve sex drive so please do not expect to perform better by taking it.
It is a supplimentary medicine for weight reduction and would give better results when added with exercise and diet control.
If you problem persists even after a week then you can take the sildenafil in supervision of your physician to achieve erection.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Noticed erectile dysfunction after taking oxy elite pro fat burner. Should I stop taking this? 29 minutes later
Thank you doctor.

I also wanted to know is there any chances of impotency if I complete 1 cycle in oxyelite pro..

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcom back to healthcare magic!
No, there is no risk of impotence with Oxy elite pro.
The problem is temporary and would resolve in few days even if you continue to take it.
Once you stop the medicine you would get your pre drug level status of sexual funtion.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.

Follow-up: Noticed erectile dysfunction after taking oxy elite pro fat burner. Should I stop taking this? 26 hours later
Thank you doctor its pretty much convincing...

I wanted to put to your notice with the ingredients used in OXyElite Pro which is as follows
Bauhinia Purpurea L. (Leaf And Pod) Extract, Bacopa (Leaf) (Bacopa Monnieri) Extract, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine XXXXXXX Cirsium Oligophyllum (Plant) Extract, Yohimbe (Pausinystalia Johimbe) Bark Extract (Contains Rauwolscine HCL)

i am worried about this "1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCL" which most posts over the net say its harmful and can be the reason for Erectile dysfunction.

Is it still safe for me to take without harming my sex life cause i am just 23 yrs and i have a long life ahead..

Kindly help me on this decision....

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.
As i told you earlier the drug is a compouned preparation.
There would be initial problem in erection but your body would get adjusted soon and most of the time there is no long term sequelae.
The another issue I would like to point out is that do not expect a lasting weight loss either from the drug, once you stop it the weight would also regain, so best way is to combine it with an improvement in the life style- get adjusted to decreased fried foods and meat/rice, less bulky intake, avoid alcohol and do regular exercises typically a long brisk walking or a jogging everyday which would continue to maintain you after you are of Oxy elite pro.
You shold not be worried about impotency issue.

Follow-up: Noticed erectile dysfunction after taking oxy elite pro fat burner. Should I stop taking this? 17 days later
Hello doctor,
I have been taking oxyelite pro and the erectile dysfunction has subsided as you said,

Right know I have a problem, I feel a lot of pain while passing urine from yesterday...it pains very badly. I think I got an urine infection, could you please tell me some medication for this...

I am in chennai so please tell me the medicines which will be available here...

Thank you doctor...

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Long since heard from you. Your system got adjusted to Oxy pro as I told you.
The urinary tract infection is troubling development, is it STD- it can be if you had enthusiastic adventures recently.
You should get a urine routine and culture test before starting antibiotics.
You should take Tab. Levoflox 750mg 1OD for 7days.
Take lots of water/liquids liberally about 3.5 litres/day.
Wish you a great health!