Noticed blood in saliva. Experiencing pain in lung and back. Am I at any risk?

Question
Hie today morning when i had spit i have traces of blood in saliva. bitter mouth everyday in the morning once i get up.giddiness if i stand my body pushes back.joint pains very difficult to get up or sit.since 4 months continuous pain in the lower portion of the right lung.when i bend the pain spreds in thr right lung,no weight loss and no fever,duodenal ulcer,prickling pains in the stomach.no diabetic no sugar
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 28 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

When you mentioned regarding that blood in the saliva did you mean you coughed it up? Did it happen when you were brushing your teeth?

Giddiness could be because of various causes. It could be because of anemia. Are your palms or soles pale? Did you get your Hb test done?
Giddiness could be because of hypertension. Did you get your Blood pressure examined ever?
Giddiness could be because of a conditioned called benign paroxymal positional vertigo and various other conditions that effect the middle ear. A thorough examination and investigations by your doctor will help in arriving at a diagnosis.

You should be further investigated for your chest pain (including a X XXXXXXX chest) after examination by your doctor.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Noticed blood in saliva. Experiencing pain in lung and back. Am I at any risk? 11 hours later
Iam a smoker.reduced smoking 1-2 cigar a day.....when i spit i found blood strain happened without brushing my teeth..second time when i spit after 2 min again i found blood strain ...i don't have any blood pressure nor diabetic....sometimes getting numbness in my hand ...disturbed sleep......

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 8 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

You should be further investigated further the exact cause of this bleeding.

A throat examination by your doctor will help in finding out if there is any lesion in the oral cavity or pharynx that is responsible for this bleeding.
A X-ray chest may reveal any pulmonary etiology responsible for the bleeding.
A total blood count including platelet count may help in arriving at a diagnosis.

Try to reduce and finally stop smoking.

Hope this helps.