Noticed black discharge during periods. What does this mean?

May 2013
What does a black flow during the period mean?

Posted Sun, 13 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 35 minutes later

Color change of the menstrual blood can be seen through out the menstrual period.
Sometimes the menstrual blood can become dark brown or black during the last days of the period.
It can be taken as normal color change. Usually this will be old blood collecting since the starting of menstruation, which is being expelled slowly from the body.
So if there are no associated symptoms like pain abdomen, passage of big clots etc. no need to worry.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.