Notice red streaks of blood after bowel movement. What's wrong?

just wondering why I saw lil bit of red streaks of blood after I wiped on the toilet paper?
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Blood spots after wiping with toilet paper can be due to spotting from vagina , can be uterine , cervical or due to vaginal laceration.Urethral injury can also give rise to spotting.Most common cause is an irregular cycle with scanty flow.As you haven't had your periods since XXXXXXX so please get it investigated like blood tests for thyroid profile , FSH , LH levels and an ultrasound scan.You may be having PCOD as you mentioned you are overweight with delayed cycles.It is better to get examined by your gynaecologist.
Any further query is most welcome
Best wishes
Follow-up: Notice red streaks of blood after bowel movement. What's wrong? 17 minutes later
I had blood work done and they tested my thyroid everything came back ok. They also did a test to see if I had cystic fibrosis and that was negative. The only thing I've noticed was that when I gain weight My period stops coming. I'm currently working out and have lost weight. Obviously not enough but not giving up. I get the feeling my period is coming with cramps and all but nothing yet. like said all I see is some king of spotting. Just really want a baby. thank you for your time!
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later
Welcome back

Get proper investigations done like an USG , Hysterosalpingography , follicular studies , FSH levels etc.Loosing weight and giving Metformin helps to start the bleeding and in getting pregnant , if taken along with clomiphene citrate increases the chances of pregnancy.I hope the semen count is normal.

Best wishes and good luck