Not fresh after long sleep, sleepy everytime. How can freshness be gained?

ENT Specialist
Hi Doctor..I dont feel brisk even after long hours of sleep.
I feel sleepy all the time.
Help me out to have fresh and brish day....
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) may be due to Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (OSAS), which is commonly known as snoring.

2. Get a sleep study done. Do you have any nasal allergy or obstruction?

3. Get a blood sugar and thyroid function test done.

4. If you have body-ache, get your mattress changed. Do you feel that excessive dreaming prevents sound sleep?

5. Kindly let me know the results of your tests. This will help in suggesting further treatment.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.