Ask a Homeopath   »  

Not able to pass stools, painful, have fissures. Suggest yoga exercise or food habits to help me

Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist
I am not able to pass hard stool from 1 day and its really painful. I am also suffering from fissures, so i dont want to force. Suggest me a yoga practice or food habits which help me in future
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Yoga
Answered by Dr. Gurudatta H K 9 hours later
Hello Madam,

I do understand your problem of Anal fissures. I also understand that you are suffering from Constipation and there could be burning sensation while passing the stools or you are not able to pass the stools due to its hardness. Based on this understanding, the suggestions are as follows –

1. Generally Fissures heal by itself in 2 – 3 days if you could avoid being constipated by following a right diet pattern.

2. To suggest a yoga practice online is not practicable unless a consultation is done.

3. I can give you some suggestions based on the diet pattern you should follow to avoid getting constipated. They are as follows –

a. Avoid spicy foods which contain XXXXXXX chillies, garlic, garam masala, pepper, asafoetida and fenugreek.

b. Avoid eating any non-vegetarian foods like meat, chicken, fish, egg and others until the fissure is healed.

c. Avoid eating any kind of XXXXXXX fried snacks either home made or bought from stores.

d. Avoid eating at any kind of restaurants as you may not be aware of the kind of ingredients used in the dishes.

e. Avoid all kinds of junk foods.

f. Drink at least 12 – 15 glasses of plain water per day in regular intervals.

g. Eat your food at the right times everyday to avoid any indigestion, acidity and constipation.

h. Stick to simple home made foods like rice, Sambar (non-spicy), rasam, cooked vegetables, rotis, dhal (preferably moong dhal), fresh yogurt (should not be sour and home made), fresh fruits and fruits juices, Plain milk with sugar (if it is suitable and not allergic), small amount of ghee with rice or rotis.

The above mentioned suggestions are made based on your explanation of your disease condition which is generic and not specific.

In order to provide any specific suggestions, a consultation is required.

For any further queries you can always email me.

With best wishes,

Dr H K Gurudatta, BNYS