No help from antibiotics taken for constant vomiting and fever. What to do?

Apr 2014

doctor my sister is constantly vomiting.. she also has a temperature last couple of days. she is on antoboitics but no improvement.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: She should be given inj ondensetron 4mg I.V BD Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX For immediate control of vomiting she should be given Injection ondensetron 4 mg I.V twice daily.If vomiting is controlled then tablet ondensetron can be switched over. From history,it seems that she is having infection.You didn't mentioned about antibiotics which she is getting,also you didn't write her age. Empirically she should be given broad spectrum antibiotics. Injectable form may be given if needed. You should consult your physician. She need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of abdomen,Blood culture,Stool(routine and microscopic )examination,Chest X-ray (PA view) should be done. Proper treatment can be done after clinical examination and investigation reports. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX