Missed taking tri sprintec. Had unprotected sex. Took plan B. Can I get pregnant?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I've been on tri sprintec since December. I just realized that I missed a dose of tri sprintec on Friday of week one (it was laying on my desk and I thought I took it). I went out of town for the weekend and just got home and discovered what I had done. I had unprotected sex last night (he did pull out, though I know that isn't the most effective method - I also didn't know I had missed a pill). When I got home and discovered the pill that I didn't take Friday, I took it and I bought the plan B pill and took it just a little over 12 hours after having sex. Should I worry about becoming pregnant?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welocme to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
Missing a pill increases your risk of becoming pregnant but not much.YOu shouldnt be worried, possibility is less than 0.3%.
Recommendation is that if you miss one pill, take two pills on the day that you remember and then take one pill per day for the rest of the pack. So take one more pill now and continue it regularly.After this chances of preganncy will be even less than 0.3%.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help