Missed periods. Feeling hungry and frequent urination. Started slight bleeding with back pain. Pregnant?

hi docter , my wife has missed her periods by 6 days .. her last period was september 11th 2012 .. nw date is october 16th ,,almost 36 days crossed .. she is having some pre symtems like frequent urination,hungry...

but today eve she got slite bleeding with back bone pain.. i need to cofrim ..wehter she got pregnant or not
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 5 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Given that your wife is late for her period, she could very well be pregnant. The small amount of bleeding can related to implantation of the fetus in the uterine wall. I would recommend that she take a pregnancy test. She can buy a urine test over the counter. It should be positive if she is pregnant.

Let me know what the test shows! I hope this helps!
Follow-up: Missed periods. Feeling hungry and frequent urination. Started slight bleeding with back pain. Pregnant? 4 hours later
Dr.she has a continuous bleeding yesterday eve from till now with backbone pain ...

shall we take urine test while it possible.....

continuous bleeding means she got mensuration know ..?

kindly brief me.... wht is the issue ..why she is not conceived
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Thank you for the followup.

It is difficult to get a sample of clean urine, but she should make an attempt. She can start the flow of urine and do the test on a mid-stream sample after cleaning herself up the best that she can.

The other option is to have her doctor draw a blood pregnancy test.

The continuous bleeding could be:
1. Her cycle related bleeding in the setting of a delayed cycle
2. A miscarriage
3. An ectopic pregnancy (they often are associated with vaginal bleeding)

So it is important to sort this out first by doing a pregnancy test - do one now and call her doctor in the morning for further instructions. Please let me know if I can help you further as well. Good luck!
Follow-up: Missed periods. Feeling hungry and frequent urination. Started slight bleeding with back pain. Pregnant? 21 hours later
Thanks for your reply Dr......

as per your instruction i took my wife to hospital ...
Dr. confirmed that she got periods , based on my wife continuous bleeding ...but Dr. have not taken the urine test ...
Dr. has suggested her to take folic acid tablets .....
Dr. said , she may got conceived , because of some reason it might not stayed in uterus....
nw this month OCT 16 th eve she got her periods , wht wil be the next ovulation time ...
we are newly married couple ,just three months before we got married ..
please explain me wht is the reason for delayed period , whether she got conceived or not earlier.....
wht all are foods has to be avoided on before and after pregnancy ....
1. They should have done a pregnancy test as I described - they do not know if this is her period or a miscarriage.
2. They are just guessing that this is a possible miscarriage without any blood tests or an ultrasound. This is not good care.
3. If this IS her period, and the first day is 10/16, then she is likely to ovulate right about 10/29. So begin intercourse every other day beginning on 10/25 if you are trying to conceive.
4. A delayed period is either related to delayed ovulation or pregnancy in most cases

The question regarding the foods to eat or avoid during pregnancy is a large topic and should be posed as a new question as this is unrelated to the current question regarding her cycles and bleeding.

I hope this helps and thank you!