Missed period, negative pregnancy test, taken Endogest, had spotting. Why is it so?

Question
hi i missed period n i dint got my report positive for pregnancy. i went to my dr she gave me endogest 100 for 2 days 2 times. today is 5th day and after i stopped taking tablet. i had a spotting as we have at end of the period. why is it so...
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 20 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

If you had last periods on 13th December 2011 then I assume that your periods should have been due around 13th of January 2012.You have written that you missed periods but your pregnancy test was not positive.

Endogest is progesterone so I think since your pregnancy test was negative your doctor had given it for withdrawal bleeding. Withdrawal bleeding occurs usually 5-7 days after stopping of tablets.
So the spotting you are getting is start of your periods and you should get proper flow in a day or two.

Take care. Hope that answers your question.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Missed period, negative pregnancy test, taken Endogest, had spotting. Why is it so? 41 hours later
my started heavily from sat night but fully from sun. My dr. asked to take one tablet from 3rd day.So 3rd day will on mon or tue.

Tablet name is T ubi Q plus . Why is this given to me?

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
The tablet that your doctor has prescribed (Ubi Q plus) is a combination of the following antioxidants:-
•     Ubidecarenone also called as Co-enzyme Q 10 is an antioxidant and helps prevent free radical injury.
•     Alpha tocopherol or vitamin E
•     Ubidecarenone increases the synthesis of vitamin E and enhances the antioxidant effect.
•     Selenium which is also an antioxidant.
Antioxidants help fight the damage that is produced as result of metabolic reactions that go on every day.
You have to take this tablet from Monday.
Take care. I hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: Missed period, negative pregnancy test, taken Endogest, had spotting. Why is it so? 35 hours later
hi we recently checked my husbands sperm count..

sperm count is 25

is it less??

wat to do next??

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 12 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back. I am sorry you have not mentioned the units of the sperm count. You just say it is 25.

If it is 25 million per ml, it is normal as normal sperm count is 20 million per ml. If it is 25million per 2ml, then it is definitely less. The condition is called oligospermia.

There are many causes for this and it needs complete evaluation.

It is advisable to stop smoking or excessive alcohol consumption as it causes a lot of effects on the sperm count.

Hope I have answered your queries. Please do write back in case of further queries.