May have internal hemorrhoids. Severe burning sensation after passing stools. They have no form or bleeding. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I think I may have XXXXXXX hemorrhoids. I have severe burning after a BM for several hours after.

Sometimes it comes on 2-4 hours after a BM. There is no bleeding and no itching. I am not constipated. My bowels are very loose and have no form to speak of.
Posted Thu, 5 Jul 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query

Burning after a bowel movement can be due to :

Fissure in ano
Hemorrhoids Internal

Best diagnosis can be arrived at by a proctoscopy examination

As you are not constipated nor do you bleed, I would take a chance with sitz bath and a probiotic twice a day for five to seven days

If this does not work go for a proctoscopy

Hope this helps clearing your doubts
Do not hesitate to revert back in case of further queries