MRI showed reduction in c5-c6 disc space. Experiencing pain and stiffness in neck. Ayurvedic treatment?

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
hi i am 35 years old male, i have done my mri and it shows reduction in c5-c6 disc space and touching of a root nerve , i have enclosed report of mri(scan002.pjg).I do not experience any pain if i look straight but if i have to look left or right i start to experience pain and stiffness in my neck (right) and right arm.please advice is it curable by ayurveda.
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 17 hours later

You reported that you have neck pain which has been diagnosed as Cervical Lordosis. There are good treatments available in Ayurveda for such conditions. I suggest the following medicines which should take care of your problems.

1. Tab Trayodashang gugal 2 tabs twice a day

2. Tab Yograj gugal 2 tabs twice a day

3. Cap palsineuron 2 caps twice a day

4. Maha Rasnadi kwath (guggulu yukta) 15 ml twice a day

5. Br. Vaat chintamani ras 1 tab with honey at night

Also if needed you can take Panchkarma treatment such as
1. Nasya karma
2. Shirodhara treatment
3. Greeva Basti karma
4. Basti karma
5. Abhyang Swedan

You can also take (if needed) painkiller medicines initially as advised by the allopath doctor with these medications.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Dr. Nikul Patel

Ayurveda Consultant

Follow-up: MRI showed reduction in c5-c6 disc space. Experiencing pain and stiffness in neck. Ayurvedic treatment? 1 hour later
1.HAVE YOU GIVEN THESE TREATMENTS AFTER LOOKING AT MRI REPORT
2.AS MENTIONED IN THE REPORT DOES THIS C5-C6 DISC NARROWING SPACE WOULD AGAIN BECOME NORMAL BY THIS MEDICATION
3. WOULD IT TAKE CARE RIGHT NERVE ROOT.
4.FOR HOW LONG I HAVE TO TAKE THIS TREATMENT TO TWIST MY NECK WITHOUT ANY PAIN.

Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 51 minutes later

1. Yes, I have studied the MRI report before answering to you. The above mentioned suggestions will help.

2. The C5-C6 disc narrowing space will become normal with those medications and panchkarma treatment. However the process is going to slow and step by step; hence my suggestion to take allopathic pain killers initially.

3. Many of my patients with nerve root compression have found relief with the above regimen and I would definitely except the nerve root compression to improve too.

4. As I mentioned the treatment is gradual process and you may have to take these medicines for 1 to 2 years. I would also recommend panchkarma treatment which you can avail at a nearby reputed Panchkarma center.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant