Lump on the outside of vagina, no pain. What could it be ?

May 2013
Hi I have a lump on the outside of my vagina. It's been there a fair few days and doesn't seem to be going. It's not painful or anything and I know it's not an sti as I am not sexually active and haven't been for over 18 months(I say this because all websites I've googled suggest a possible sti)
Any idea what it could be? I'm
A bit embarrassed to go to my docs in case I'm just being paranoid!
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 37 minutes later
thanks for the query.

according to symptoms told by you the possible causes are,
-bartholin cyst: bartholin gland will be present near the vagina, which helps in lubrication.
if the duct of the gland gets blocked cyst forms, it may not be painful and unnoticed unless it reaches certain size.
but as there are chances of infection and abscess formation it should be treated by marsupialisation.

-genital warts: sometimes these will be painless.

-epidermoid or sebaceous cysts: these can occur due to trauma or infection.

above lesions can develop by skin to skin contact also apart from STI.

you better visit your doctor and undergo examination because if the lesion is left like that it may become infected and can cause further problems.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.