Leg pain, cramp, blood clot, Factor V Leiden, lymph edema, smelly green mucus

General Surgeon
My name is XXXXXXX and I'm 26 years old.Few days ago I start have strange pain in left leg. It is very difficult to say what kind of pain it is-not strong but kind of same as cramp sensation,pulsing inside and muscle pain. I start worry i get blood clot , probably because i know i have FACTOR V .LEYDEN..i suffer from lymph edema sickness and the left leg get really bad since the pain start.
Looks like leg get bigger but not because of lymph problem at this time. I start have a lot of small veins crashing.Should i go to emergency room or should i wait or what should i do:)``Next think is every morning , when i wake up i have strange caught full of smelly XXXXXXX mucus... Does it mean something?? together with leg?

BTW:) I hope is possible to understand my English .Im from Denmark
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 50 minutes later

Pain of undefined nature, variety & type, mild in intensity, in a young person of age 26 years, in only one limb suggest more of a local cause than general pathology. Lymphoedema and venous thrombosis have to be ruled out.

Factor V Leyden is a hypercoagulability disorder of blood due factor V. Though it is associated with hypercoagulability state, your description are less likely to be due to hypercoagulability or blood clot. Venous thrombosis usually would cause pain along with swelling that is generally progressive in nature. Perhaps a physical examination and tests - blood test as well as doppler studies will rule the aforementioned conditions.

If the signs & symptoms are progressing, swelling & pain increasing, then I encourage you to visit the Emergency Room as early as possible.

Strange XXXXXXX mucus smell doesn`t appear to related to it.

In the current instance I suggest vigilance towards sign & symptoms & their progression of the condition. Immediate attention is more essential if the symptoms are progressive in nature.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries,

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”