Keep falling asleep in evening. Urine smells like pungent lemony smell. Do I have any problem?

Question
I am 56 and i work all day in an active job, i also go to the gym 4 times a week, in th evening i keep falling asleep even though i sleep all night for about 7 hours, i have noticed that my urine smells like pungent lemony smell, do i have any problms?
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Sleep Disorders

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Bladder infection can give such smells to your urine.

You should get your Urine (routine) and Blood sugar(F & PP) tested.

In case of abnormal reports, you have to consult your Physician.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Keep falling asleep in evening. Urine smells like pungent lemony smell. Do I have any problem? 9 hours later
Could this also be the cause of sharp shooting pains at the side of head and also aching behind the eyes, as all these symptoms have appeared around the same time

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome again,

It can be a coincidence.

Common cause of sharp shooting pains at the side of head and also aching behind the eyes are:-
(i) Idiopathic
(ii) Tension
(iii) Migraine
(iv) Giant cell arteritis
(v) Trigeminal neuralgia
(vi) Brain Tumor etc.

Diagnosis will require a detailed history, examination and investigations by a Physician. CT scan will be required to rule out possibility of brain tumor.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,