Joint pain, fatigue, mental fog, depression & no libido since long. Have raynaud's disease, family history of lupus. Low testosterone level. Any concern?

Hi, maI have a question I am a 30 y/o male with years of cronic pain, painful joints, fatigue, mental fog, depression and no labido. My mother has lupus. I have raynuads but a neg XXXXXXX My thyroid test were normal. I XXXXXXX t had a drink in 8 months. The question I have is my testostrone level was 2.23 the normal range for my hospital is 2.1-8.0 is this something I should persue?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 5 hours later

The results do show that your testosterone levels are on the lower side of the normal range. And you can definitely talk with your doctors about this issue. Low levels of testosterone are known to affect a lot of functions including mood. However, you may also keep in mind the presence of other conditions such as the Chronic pain with painful joints and the Raynaud's. These conditions can together have an effect on the mind, creating stress and depression.

In addition to pursuing information about your testosterone levels , you can also start incorporating positive changes in your lifestyle. Some of these include regular aerobic exercise, following your hobbies, maintaining appropriate social interaction, etc.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need more help. Take care.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

[Disclaimer: This post is for information purposes only. This post is not meant to provide diagnosis or medical advice. No attempt has been made to create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one.]