Itchy rashes on areola with prominent glands, constipation, blood in stool. Should I be concerned?

General Surgeon
i am 39. my right breast has been quite itchy and rash-like outside the areola for the past couple weeks and I noticed more prominent XXXXXXX glands on my areola. I also feel that the breast is harder in some spots.

Also, I have been having a painful stool almost everyday for the past few months which causes there to be blood coming out as I pass a bowel. Then throughout the day even when I urinate I notice that there is some blood when I wipe in the anus area.

What could this all be and should I be concerned? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 19 hours later
Thanks for nice query.     

In 39 year old woman complaint of quite itchy and rash outside the areola for the past couple weeks and more prominent XXXXXXX glands on areola suggest some simple infection of XXXXXXX glands or Peri-areolar skin.

Harder few or some spots in the breast always needs or requires breast examination, followed by investigation i.e. mammography and FNAC.

Painful stool or defection indicates there is fissure in Ano. As in fissure in Ano there is small ulcerated area in the anus ,when one defecates, one experiences pain, accompanies by few drops of blood or streak of blood along the hard stool, slowly one gets scared of pain and avoids passing stool.

It can be conservatively managed by keeping stool soft with the help of laxatives and applying local anaesthetic gel before going for defection.

It will be better if get examined from your family doctor and start treatment as advised.

In my opinion you need examination and advice from concerned specialist.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”