Is there any possibility of rib fracture by sneezing multiple times?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Can u break a rib by sneezing muptiple times? I have extremly sever pain aftet sneezing episode
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: It might be muscle strain. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. There is very remote possibility of fracture rib by multiple episode of sneezing. It seems you might develop muscle strain. any strained muscle when stressed caused pain. I suggest you to take rest and avoid any exertion. You can take anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. Doing hot fometation and applying muscle relexant will be helpful. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.