Is there any harm if two capsules of folinext D are consumed?

Question
Hi i am anxious for pregnancy. My doctor advised me to take one capsule of folinext D everyday. But i got confused and took twice in a day morning and evening. Is there any harm.
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: No harm Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX There is no harm in taking a double dose one time. But please make sure that you dont overdose regularly. Ont tablet a day is enough. Folic acid is essential in the growth of the fetus after you get pregnant. Continue taking it upto 3 months after you become pregnant.

Follow-up: Is there any harm if two capsules of folinext D are consumed? 7 minutes later
What if i took two capsules in a day for a month.
Follow-up: Is there any harm if two capsules of folinext D are consumed? 4 minutes later
My husband is in Merchant Navy. He would be coming in March2014 from England. I had consulted a gynae recently. And she asked me to take Folinext D from now onwards. Is it fine taking from now onwards.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 0 minute later
Brief Answer: Not harmful per say Detailed Answer: Overdose of folic acid is not harmful on your body. It will be excreted of not needed. However, overdose sometimes may cause some side effects like nausea, digestive problems, diarrhea, numbess, mouth pain, etc. Please note that this medicine is not used for getting pregnant. Its a vitamin like essential.

Follow-up: Is there any harm if two capsules of folinext D are consumed? 6 minutes later
My husband is in Merchant Navy. He would be coming in March2014 from England. I had consulted a gynae recently. And she asked me to take Folinext D from now onwards. Is it fine taking from now onwards although he would be coming in march 2014.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fine Detailed Answer: Its fine to take the FOLINEXT D from now. It should be started 3 months before conception. So if your husband is coming in march, then you can take it from now. But i suggest you take one tablet a day.

Follow-up: Is there any harm if two capsules of folinext D are consumed? 0 minute later
Although i am not pregnant but planning for an issue. And consulted a gynae recently and she advised me to take Folinext D everyday from now onwards. Is it fine...

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Its fine. Detailed Answer: As i have mentioned, its fine to take it from now. Continue as advised.