Is there a need to shave before going to gynecologist?

my gf is 33 shes going to the gyno should she shave
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 51 minutes later

Some people have misconception who think that it is a courtesy to shave and wax before gynecological examination. As a healthcare professional, I can say that your pubic and leg hair hardly bothers to a doctor and he/she hardly notice them.

Also, hair over pubic area are not too dense to interfere with the examination.In short, shaving is always not necessary before gynecological examination unless specifically asked by your doctor.

All that you should do is to have a good bath but don't wash your vaginal area and avoid intercourse 24 hrs prior to examination.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.

Good luck.

If you have any further query you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: