Is painful skin tag under breast with blood and liquid discharge a serious condition?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi have had a skin tag under my breast for a while now suddenly it is painful and leaking liquid and some blood should I be concerned? thank You
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. You should not be worried.There was probably just minor injury or inflamamtion of skin tag and this is commonly seen. Just clean it and cover with sterile gauze. Also,it would be smart to remove it surgically so it wont cause further problems in future. Skin lesions in such locations are easily scratched or irritated so it is advisable to remove it. There is no some other danger. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards