Is it true that I am two weeks pregnant?

i had a period on october 14,2011. and i wanted to know if i am pregnant. i visit a website called WWW.WWWW.WW it says im 2weeks pregnant is this true
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 1 hour later

Thanks for posting in the query.

Pregnancy is calculated from the first day of last menstrual period. One needs to add 14 days to the last menstrual date to obtain the date of ovulation/conception. Add to this date 266 days, and you get your due date.

Coming to your query, I gather that you had your last menstrual period on 14-October-2011. You need to find out your date of ovulation and if you had sexual contact during that period, yes, your chances of pregnancy become very high.

A Urine pregnancy test would show positive result only after 2-3 weeks post conception which I recommend you take.

The only way to confirm pregnancy is by an ultrasonography.

Following here are few signs of early pregnancy:
Unusual or abnormal period
Nausea and Vomiting
Soreness of the Breasts     
Enlargement of the Breasts
Darkening of the areola or nipple enlargement
Frequent Urination
Food Cravings
Feeling fatigued and tired

My suggestion would be that you take a Urine pregnancy test in one weeks' time and an ultrasonography done to confirm your pregnancy.

Hope I have answered you query. Do get back to me if you have any other questions.

Dr Gowri