Is it safe to travel when suffering from vertigo?

ENT Specialist
My Mother is vertigo patient recently she had an vertigo attach around 2weeks back. I am planning to take her to some calm place that is around 4hours away from my home so is it would be good idea to take her there. My concern is while going there in Car she will be comfortable or not , is this will be an good idea or not ??
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take her in a lying position... Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your query that your mother is suffering from the vertigo. Before you plan any trip with your mother, it is better to consult the ENT specialist. It is absolute necessary to reach the cause of vertigo and management according to this. If you want to take her to some calm place then take her in the lying position with absolute restriction of the head movement; but it is not good idea before the rule out the cause of vertigo. If you have any doubt. I will be available for your query