Is it safe to take FOL123 tablets during periods?

Infertility Specialist
Hi , we are planning to have a baby and had consulted a doctor. We first time intercoursed on 22-01-14, the doctor advised to take FOL123 tablet for 3 months, but now my wife has her period today (29-01-2014) is it ok to take the FOL123 during her periods also, please advice
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi FOL 123 is a medicine containing folic acid which is a vitamin tablet which helps in proper development of brain function of baby if conceived. It doesn't matter if she is on menses or not it is safe and recommended to continue these medicines as per your doctor's advice. Meanwhile get your semen analysis done as it is required as part of investigation into infertility. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol