Is it okay to take oxy 50 mg steroids as i am having thyroid problem?

Dec 2012

hi i am weight training and was thinking of taking oxy 50 mg steroids but i have a thyroid problem what should i do thanks p.j , my email address is , YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

According to the manufacturers of the medication there is known contraindications with use of anabolic steroids like oxy 50mg with hyperactive thyroid.
But when I look at the mechanism of actions of the steroid and also of the thyroid hormones, I suggest that you use with caution as with hyperactive thyroid, you already have an increased (above normal) metabolic rate and so the steroids might be synthesized much more aggressively than usual and might alter the rightful effect of the steroid in your system. Besides hyperactive thyroid, you also must know the side effects of using steroids on their own even without other medical conditions like heart, kidney and liver diseases etc.
Just take with lots of caution and if you find any weird changes in you besides the way you wanted it, then contact a doctor as soon as possible (stopping abruptly is also dangerous). So I say "USE WITH CARE".
Dr. Bernard