Is it okay to start second packet of birth control pill a day early in the cycle?

Infertility Specialist
I would like to know if it is ok to start taking your next pill packet a day early in the cycle. So normally I would start to take a new pack on sunday, however I wish to stop my bleed a day early (if possible) and so want to know if I can take it on saturday instead? Will I need to use extra precautions or am I covered by the hormones anyway? Is it possible to change the day of the week of your bleed by doing this? Should you always take it earlier rather than leaving the placebo stage longer? I take Marvelon.
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. You can start taking the pill one day advance in this cycle. It willnot create any problem & is absolutely safe. You dont even need any extra safety precautions. The pills cover the safety from pregnancy. If you wish to prepone your cycle by this method, it is acceptable.Placebo are provided to complete the cycle. You can skip placebo if you wish. But you cannot start new set of tablets in this duration. You haveto wait for your cycles before starting next pack. I hope i answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol