Is it normal to have mild blood clots in urine during 4 weeks and 5 days of pregnancy with no sign of baby's heart beat ?

I am carrying. 2 weeks before I consulted Dr. she took the scanning and she told that my pregnancy is of 4 weeks & 5 days. But 2 days later wen I pass the urine I saw blood clot. Next day I consulted Dr. she again took the XXXXXXX scan and she told that baby heart beat has been not yet started. And she prescribed me an injection and susten VT 100 for 15 days daily twice. This is the 2nd day I am using the tablet, but still when I pass urine I am getting the blood clot. I am unable to understand why its happening even I am using the tablet and I am taking full bed rest also. Please kindly suggest me why it is happening, is anything wrong.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later

Your pregnancy of 4 weeks and 5 days is too early to have a recognizable heart beat on ultrasound scan.

Normally we can appreciate a beating heart by six weeks by transvaginal scan and by seven weeks if we see it through transabdominal scan.

The bleeding so early in pregnancy is mostly due to implantation or can be a result of luteal phase defect. Some spotting may be due to incomplete placental attachment.

In all these conditions Tab. Susten is helpful. It takes 3-5 days for the tablet to show its full effect.

The bleeding will take some time to stop if you continue with absolute bed rest.

If still the bleeding continues then other possibilities like missed abortion or blighted ovum need to be ruled out.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.