Is it normal for a patient dying from pancreatic cancer to excrete faecal like matter in vomit?

General Surgeon
My father-in-law is currently dying from pancreatic cancer. The hospital has released him to the comfort of his home. He has a tube down this nose and into his stomach that is attached to a pump to pull the fluid out. The tube has been pulling what smells and looks like feces. He is on a liquid only diet. He does have a perforation in his colon. He also has vomited and the "fecal" matter has been found in his vomit as well. We cannot get an answer from anyone as to how or why this could be occuring. Please Help!!!
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 3 hours later

I am sorry to know that he is in advanced stage of pancreatic cancer ,where our allopathic medical science can`t do any thing.there are certain reasons for cancer to occur, viral ,genetics, environment chemical & so on .To find an exact cause in individual patient is quite difficult & impossible. As for as fecal matter coming in the vomiting ,it is due to reverse peristalsis.( a case in which gut movements are reversed due to distal obstruction). Prognosis in such cases is not good .As hospital is unable to give some constructive or curative or palliative treatment ,they have discharged him.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, Wish him Good Health .