What is the treatment for heartburn with upper abdominal pain?
User rating for this question
Hi dr. Grief. If i had a full abdomen ct scan on sept 7 of this year, so roughly 90 days ago, it came back clear. Im having some heartburn with pain in my upper abdomen that shoots into my back. I also had a endo done in march, came back normal. Can a ulcer have delevoped since march, or ever worse pancreas cancer? Im 25 and very scared.
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gallstones. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Please forget about pancreas cancer. It is rare and usually does not give symptoms in early stage. And it could not develop so quickly from nothing. Upper abdominal pain radiating to the back is usually caused by gallstones. Most of the gallstones are invisible for CT. Peptic ulcer can develop since march, but it usually does not give back pain. I suggest you to have abdominal ultrasound first to check if there are any gallstones present. Gastroscopy should be next if no gallstones in ultrasound. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for heartburn with upper abdominal pain? 4 minutes later
Thank you dr. I just dont wanna worry about pancreatic cancer. Its taking up alot of my life and im constently worried. Do gallstones go away on their own?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 minute later
Follow-up: What is the treatment for heartburn with upper abdominal pain? 3 minutes later
Ok. Thanks. But i should stop worrying about pancreatic cancer?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Yes. Abdominal CT rules it out. Moreover, the lifetime risk for this cancer is less than 1%. It means that less than 1% of all people in the world will have this cancer. More probable is that you will die from car accident than have this cancer. And it is extremely rare at your age. So no reason to be worried about it. Regards.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for heartburn with upper abdominal pain? 5 minutes later
Thank you Dr.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 0 minute later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: You are welcome.
People also viewed
- What does a low globulin count mean
- What does a lung cancer cough sound like
- What does a kissing bug bite look like
- Medications stop mucus from anus
- Motions tablet names
- What is the treatment for heartburn with upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and fever
- What is the reason for upper abdominal pain
- What do you do for a constipated baby
- Upper abdominal pain pain on swallowing taken heartburn medication treatment
- Hydrogen sulfide and diarrhea
- What does a raised white blood count mean
- Intestine around the baby neck
- Late period but experiencing stomach pains
- What are the causes for chronic upper abdominal pain