What causes bad smelly stool with gas, heaviness in throat and pain under sternum?

I've had yellow stool that is normal constancy, that smells really bad with lots of gas for about 7 days. Also have no hunger. When I do force myself to eat - I usually have to go to the bathroom within a hour or so. Also fell a heaviness in my throat and having pain under sternum
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow th esugestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The symptoms you are experiencing (stool smelling bad, gas, bloating, no hunger, pain) indicate for an acute gastroenteritis. It can be caused by a virus (flu) and is associated with hyper-acidity (that's why they smell bad with gas). Furthermore, the feeling of going to the bathroom within a hour after eating suggests for hyperactivity of your bowels. So, it is important to watch what your eat. I suggest to - take otc tasectan to stop diarrhea. - take oral rehydration salts to replace fluids and electrolytes - eat often, small portions and slowly until you get better - while on diarrhea, do not eat solids; mostly light soups and lots of fluids - take otc antiacids - consult GI specialist/physician to start prescription omeprazole - take pain-killers for the pain - avoid eating spicy, carbonated drinks or fatty or too salty foods - practice good hygiene manners If the symptoms will not improve within a week, then, I suggest to - consult GI specialist - do abdominal ultrasound - do the analysis of the stool (culture for bacteria, candida, virus) - fibrogastroscopy Hope it answered your concerns! Feel free to write back to me if you have further questions! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What causes bad smelly stool with gas, heaviness in throat and pain under sternum? 5 hours later
I should have been more accurate in my description. My stool is not loose or like diarrhea. It is solid by yellowish. I have absolutely no appetite which is not normal. I also have what feels like a gas. Bubble in my sternum. I did go to emergency a day ago and they did some initial blood tests and an ultrasound - all which came back as fine. No gallstones, liver clear and pancrease fine. However I am very concerned. I told the emergency room doctor this buthe just said he didn't think a CT scan was necessary. My mother died of pancratic cancer at the age of 62. I am only 48 but I remember one of the symptoms was she was not hungry. I am so worried. I am a single mom with a teenage daughter whom I don't want to leave without a mom. I have an appointment with my regular doctor but wanted some kind of anwer before I go in.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for sending in more of your medical data. There are many factors contributing in turning your stool yellow. They include: - infectious (bacterial, parasitic, viral, fungal) - problems with gall bladder - problems with pancreas. If you could have some problems with gall bladder or/and pancreas, it could have been seen during the abdominal ultrasound. So, I suggest to - do examination of feces for ova/parasites - culture of stool for bacteria, candida or virus - have the pancreatic enzymes checked - have measured the tumoral marker for pancreatic cancer C19-9 - repeat the abdominal ultrasound, but need to have fasting for at least 10 hours because in this way the pancreas would be visible. Although you have family history of pancreatic cancer, it does not mean you will have it. It could increase chances to develop it, but not to have it for sure. All the best! Dr.Klerida