Is hospitalization necessary to avoid infecting others for boils on body due to Herpes?

Hey Doc - Let me start with describing the chain of events that happened from last Tuesday. I got mild fever on Tuesday night and noticed two boils on my stomach. On Wednesday, the fever increased along with the number of boils. This time, 3 boils on my stomach and two on my back. I decided to get a check up done and went to a physician. She declared that it's Herpes which I got from my Sister who had this until last week. She recently recovered but unfortunately, even after maintaining all sorts of precautions (maintaining distance, avoiding using same vessels/things etc), it got transferred to me and on top of that, from me, it got transferred to my brother too. Really sad. It's the fourth day and the boils have increased tremendously all over my body and the itching sensation is a lot. Since I'm now contagious, I would like to know from you if I should get admitted or be at home maintaining precautions. I live with my parents and do not want them to get this. You suggestions/advise will be greatly appreciated. Also, I have attached the prescription along with the list of medications that I'm taking. My next visit to the physician is scheduled to be on Thursday. Thanks in advance!! Regards, Kailash XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 28 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. You can stay at home with all precautions. However the dose of tablet acivir given to you is wrong. It should be 800 mg 5 times a day for 5 days. Take the dose mentioned by me and apply calamine lotion thrice a day. This will give you good relief. If possible please upload a photograph of the lesions. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis, Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: Is hospitalization necessary to avoid infecting others for boils on body due to Herpes? 2 hours later
Thanks for your response Rahul!! I'm attaching three pics for your reference (1,2 and 3). Also, just so that you are aware, my weight is 73 Kgs and height is 6 ft. Please confirm if I should continue with the dosage that I'm taking or should I change it as per your suggestion. Thanks again!! Regards, Kailash XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photographs. Please change the dose as mentioned by me. The dose given to you is very less. correct dose for your age and built is 800 mg five times a day for 5 days. Thank you