Is blue veins on chest and stomach a sign of pregnancy?

I got my tubes tied in 2008. I was wondering what is the cause of sudden blue veins on my chest arms stomach. Usually when I see this I'm pregnant?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hello, Such veins are not specific for pregnancy.In pregnancy blood is redirected through other pathways as regular blood flow gets hampered by enlarged pregnant uterus. Similarly if regular blood flow is affected by any other cause then such veins can be seen.There are multiple causes which can lead to such visible veins. Ideal step would be to get a clinical evaluation done to determine the cause.With tubes tied possibility of pregnancy seems unlikely. Please feel free to ask if there are any doubts.Regards.