Is bleeding in the brain referred to as stroke?

I was told by my nuerologist that he saw in my MRI that there had been some small amount of bleeding in the right side of my brain, he didn't refer to it as a stroke it? I am 70..6"1" 195 lbs.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for your query. Any type of bleeding in the brain is a type of stroke. Even a small amount of bleeding in the brain can cause formation of hematoma inside the brain which presses on the adjacent tissue depriving it of the blood and oxygen supply and any cessation of oxygen supply to the brain.

You are already taking drugs for arrhthymia (Rythmol) and high blood pressure (Verapamil). So you have the risk factors for a brain hemorrhage and a subsequent stroke. High blood pressure is one of the leading risk factors for any bleeding in brain.

I suggest you an immediate neurologist examination so that the plan of treatment is decided and treatment initiated at the earliest.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.