Is a recurrance of jaw cancer at stage 2 fatal ?

Hi, my boyfriend had jaw cancer when he was 16 and had all his teeth removed. He is now 41 and it is back. The doctors said it is stage 2 and he has started going for radiation therapy once a week. He says he is not worried but I am shattered at the news. Is stage 2 fatal? Will he recover quickly given his age? What can I do to help?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 4 hours later

Thanks for your query .

Jaw cancer is a broad term , there are many types of cancers in the oral cavity , could you please tell me what was the diagnosis, the type of cancer and the exact terms used in the report with respect to the jaw cancer

I would also want to know what are the symptoms your boy friend is presently having.

I would be awaiting your response and would surely help you with my answers.

Thank you