Is Mefigest intake safe to induce abortion at 3 weeks of pregnancy?

Hie doctor M XXXX I'm 3 weeks pregnant I.want to abort so can I take mefigest??? Is it safe to take mefigest plz help me
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Confirm the location of pregnancy first. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. Kindly do not worry, I can understand your concerns. It is not safe to take any abortion pills without consulting a doctor. Mifegest contains Mifepristone which is a anti-progesterone. What I advise you is to visit your gynecologist to confirm the location of pregnancy and gestational age (which is very very important), this is mainly to rule out Ectopic pregnancy, your doctor might advise you a scan pelvis to locate the pregnancy. Because ectopic pregnancy is a life threatening condition, if you take abortion pill you might have torrential bleeding which might require surgical intervention. So kindly visit your gynecologist for SAFE ABORTION, it is legal in India (for failed contraception). Depending on the findings your doctor might advise you medical or surgical options. For medical abortion mifepristone and misoprostol is recommended. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Follow-up: Is Mefigest intake safe to induce abortion at 3 weeks of pregnancy? 13 minutes later
Doctor I had my scan done yest. It's to small like a peas. But he said he will give me medicine like.two dose. N if nothing happens den u have to do surgery m so confused wht to do charging 8500 for the tables plz if u can guide me n help me as I flying career me would be don't want baby so soon.
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Medical abortions are safe and effective Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thank you for the follow up question. It is good that you have already been evaluated by a doctor. Regarding the scan, in early pregnancy we can only see a sac (I presume the pregnancy is inside the uterus), then there is no problem in going ahead with medical abortion. Medical abortions are safe upto 9 weeks of pregnancy. As I already stated Mifepristone and misoprostol tablets are given for medical abortion. After misoprostol tablets you might start experiencing the abortion symptoms like bleeding and pain abdomen. You need to visit your doctor if the bleeding is increasing or if it is not stopping even after few hours. The reason for uncontrolled heavy bleeding could be due to INCOMPLETE ABORTION, 5 to 10% of patients we expect this problem. And treatment for incomplete abortion is surgical evacuation as an OPD(day care) procedure.. Vomiting and lose stools are some of the side effect of misoprostol tablets which you need to keep in mind. If you are not satisfied with your current doctor regarding the treatment and cost you kindly visit any good hospital or any other OBGY specialist , definitely they might help you out in clearing all your doubts. If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health. Please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Follow-up: Is Mefigest intake safe to induce abortion at 3 weeks of pregnancy? 7 minutes later
Thank you so much for the information n.the help Bye tc.
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its my pleasure to help you. Detailed Answer: I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept my answer so that I receive credit. Thank you, Wish you good health. Regards, Dr Arif You can consult me again directly through my profile