Irregular periods with light flow, breast tenderness, frequent headaches, fluctating weight. Tubes tied and cut. Cause?

Mar 2013
I'm 29 and I had my tubes cut, tied and burnt 4 years ago. I have been having irregular periods, hot flushes, tender breasts and head aches more frequent. My period also has been going from extremely heavy to light. Also my weight has been fluctuating. Any ideas what could be happening to me
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
You seem to be having post tubal ligation syndrome.
Post-tubal ligation syndrome includes pain during intercourse, aching lower back, premenstrual tension syndrome, difficulty in menstruating, uterine hemorrhage, and absence of menstruation.
The syndrome is caused by blood circulation problems in and around the Fallopian tubes and ovaries, pressure on nerves, and intrapelvic adhesion.
Differentiating between this syndrome and endometritis during diagnosis and differentiating between functional hemorrhage due to hormonal abnormality and anatomical hemorrhage due to polyp or tumor is very important.
Since the symptoms of this syndrome are mild, simple symptomatic treatment is sufficient in most cases. In some cases, however, desquamation surgery or reversal of tubal ligation may be necessary.

Please consult your gynecologist for proper diagnosis, testing and appropriate treatment.
Take care, and feel free to discuss further.