Intercourse, ipill, periods resumed after one week. Fertilization or pregnant ?

on 22nd of may i had sex and on 23rd I had ipill. After that i didnt get indulged in intercourse. I had my last period on 11th of may but just after 7 days of taking the pill my period got started again i.e. on 28th of may . is it normal? can i say that fertillization occured at the time of our last intercourse as i got periods after taking the pill?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
Hi there,

First let me assure you that you arent pregnant.Your last period was on 11th may.You had unprotected intercourse on 22nd may.That is day 11 of your cycle and possibly a fertile time.But on 23rd you took ipill.You started bleeding after 7 days.This is called withdrawal bleeding from the effect of the ipill.This is very normal.You didnt get pregnant as fertilization didnt occur.

But please remember that you may be getting irregular periods with frequent use of ipill.Its not recommended.If you are sexually active,use a more safe and reliable long term method of contraception.Many choices are available.

Follow-up: Intercourse, ipill, periods resumed after one week. Fertilization or pregnant ? 1 hour later
Whats the probable date of start of my next period?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

It cannot be said when your rnext period will come since your cycle will become haywire due to the ipill.But normally 3-4 weeks is the interval.You may be early or late also.So use other forms of birth control during this time.