Instant headache & bump on back of head after a fall. Should i be concerned?

I fell on the wood floor and hit the back left side of my head hard didn't pass out got an instant headache and a big bump should I be concerned?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 31 minutes later

If there was no loss of consciousness or vomiting till 12 hours of the fall then I would say there is no need to worry.

Just observe for the development of above symptoms , If there is any then you may have to rush to the hospital.

The bump on the head may be due to seepage of the blood into the scalp skin layers and forming what is called a haematoma.Haematoma will resolve on its own , only that it takes some time in hours to do so.Headache is a non-specific symptom and will not help in ascertaining the risk or the safety.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.