Injury under the eyebrow, bump formed in a child. Should it be shown to the doctor, advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My 10 month old daughter hit her face on the corner of the coffee table right underneath left eyebrow. A bump formed almost istantly and she screamed. I need to know if I should take her to the doctor or if it's just a bump.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
From your description it seems that your daughter has suffered a minor head injury.
The formation of bump indicates a hematoma formation due to symptoms like unconsciousness, severe headache, blurred vision, bleeding from eyes, nose or ears, vomiting, etc in which case you need to rush to ER immediately.
Meanwhile you can do a cold compress in the area of injury and on the eye and give her a mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relief.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.