Infant got hit on head and behaving normally. Should I be worried?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi! My 7 months old baby pull up and fell on a hard surface last 28 hours. She is acting normal, playful, eat good, happy since the fall. Is it any thing serious to concern about? And another question. When I hold her up right. She move her head a lot and like to bang her heard on my shoulder, my face. Should I worry about that? Can it cause shaken baby syndrome? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Considering the details you have provided its unlikely that your baby has suffered any significant injury.So please do not worry .Do take care in future to supervise her as young babies crawling or attempting to walk are often prone to frequent falls. As of now if baby has had no external wound , no fever , vomiting ,irritability ,drowsiness etc there is nothing to worry about and no specific measures to be taken.

Please do not worry . It's normal for babies to move their heads a lot to perceive the surroundings and voluntary banging by the baby will not cause shaken baby syndrome. In babies the head is heavy and though she has full head control by now it does take them few months more to adapt to standing or upright position . It's part of normal development and you need not worry at all.

Hope I have answered your queries.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Wishing your baby good health.