I'm 85 and have had untreated CLL for 15 years.

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
I'm 85 and have had untreated CLL for 15 years. Although my lymphocyte count is 100,000 my hemoglobin is normal and I've been able to avoid treatment, although extremely vulnerable to colds, infections etc. Some two months ago I inadvertently ate uncooked shrimp and stool testing showed moderate Blastocystis hominis. After The seventh day of Flagyl symptoms of bloating, nausea, and diarrhea stopped. I continued until ten days. Now, weeks later, I'm nauseated and have disconcerting feeling of worms crawling under the skin of my thighs and buttocks. I've been treating this with homeopathic anti candida capsules from the health store to no avail. Parasitic infections very rare in Canada so difficult to get a specialist. This is freaking me out! Your advice?
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do you have any skin lesions along with formication?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Feeling of worms crawling under skin is known as formication.
Most common cause for this is menopause.
Other common causes are skin cancer, hallucinations, viral skin infection (herpes), chemical or pesticide exposure etc.
So please let me know
1. Do you have any skin lesions associated with formication?
2. Are you having menopause?
3. Are sensations more in night?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.

Follow-up: I'm 85 and have had untreated CLL for 15 years. 50 minutes later
I really think I should be dealing with an infectious disease specialist but none was showing. No I'm 85, and frankly none of your questions are relevant. Thank you for your time.

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please close the conversation and rate my answer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I do have specialization in infectious diseases.
Formication with out skin lesions (rashes or papules), is unlikely due to infection.
Skin infections have skin lesions.
Another strong possibility is malignant involvement of skin.
Hope I have solved your query.
If you are not having further queries, then please close the conversation and rate my answer.
You can ask me directly on bit.ly/askdrkaushalbhavsar.
Wish you good health. Thanks.