If CT scan shows colon cancer has not spread to lungs,liver and abdomen, is it considered good?

Question
My dad got disgnosed with colon cancer few weeka ago. After a ct scan of lungs, liver and abdomen and a further mri of the liver he got told it has not spread. Is this good news?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Colon Cancer

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could you please send in the test results? Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Yes, that is a great news to come to know the colon cancer of your father is not spread. This means that he has more chances to get healed and to be well again with the right treatment! However, I'd kindly ask to send in the test results in order to assist you further! The treatment includes surgical intervention and/or chemotherapy or radiation therapy as directed by your father's doctor. Wishing from the bottom of my heart the cancer will be reversed and won't deal with meta! Looking forward to have the detailed test results! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up!

Follow-up: If CT scan shows colon cancer has not spread to lungs,liver and abdomen, is it considered good? 59 minutes later
I dont yet have the copy reports but will request them from gp. Can the ct scan show spread to lymph nodes ?

Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, I'd need to have the reports first before running to conclusions. There are different stages of the colon cancer: - carcinoma in situ (where the cancer is located in the colon) - Stage O - invade the mucosa and submucosa - Stage I - invade muscle layer, serosa - Stage II - invade the local lymph-nodes - Stage III - invade the abdominal or other distant organs - Stage IV Looking forward to the have the test results to assist you further! Thank you! Dr.Alba