I was struck very hard on the very top and

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was struck very hard on the very top and middle of my head. A closed head trauma, I am told. I did not experience any of the side effects/symptoms at the time. Approximately 1 hour later, I went to toss a tennis ball to my dog, and I experienced the worst headache in my life that also went down the back of my neck. The headache felt like fire/pain just under my skull, and only on top of my head. I never though it was related to the blow to the top of my head. I started to walk back to the house because I felt like I was going to throw up. The light was unbearable and as I got indoors I ran my head under cold water and started puking. It got better, but 4ndays later I started new symptoms. Now, I have loud ringing in my ears, and my eye sockets are so sore. Also after driving the car, upon getting out I experience a loud rushing noise in my ears and stiffness down my legs, and again I feel sick, but I don't vomit. The ringing is getting unbearable and of course so much worse at night, which is interrupting my sleep. please help
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The symptoms you have indicate that the intracranial tension is raised. These are warning symptoms and indicate that the injury is not mild and external in nature as such injuries can also be XXXXXXX

In such a case, it is always better to get a physical examination and a CT/ MRI head done to rule out any subdural hemorrhage.

Symptoms of subdural hemorrhage have a slower onset than those of epidural hemorrhages because the lower pressure veins bleed more slowly than arteries. Thus signs and symptoms may show up within 24 hours but can be delayed as much as 2 weeks.

Kindly consider visiting a Neurophysician earliest for clinical examination and required investigations.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.