I have hip arthritis in both hips, I have today

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I have hip arthritis in both hips, I have today had a 3 month injection of Nebido 4ml/1000mg. This is painful 6 hours after injection should I be concerned
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Follow-up: I have hip arthritis in both hips, I have today 0 minute later
the injection was very near my hip

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain on the injection site is mostly an undesirable effect of Nebido.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Pain on and near the site of the injection is one of the undesirable effects of the Nebido injection, so, if the pain is located in the injection area, you shouldn't be concerned much more than necessary.

Try to rest, put some ice on it and you may use simple painkillers such ibuprofen.

In such case, pain should subside in a day or two.

If the pain you refer is spreading down the leg ( similar to sciatica for example ) you should contact your Doctor and discuss with him about this issue.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.