I have PCOS . I am Trying to conceive for

Question
I have PCOS. I am Trying to conceive for 2 years. My 1st pregnancy is ectopic before 6 months. This month i took letrozole 10 table for 5 days, on 8th day i had HMG 75IUI, on 10th day FSH 75IUI, on 15th day HCG 5000, but follicle didn't ruptured, so I again had a HCG 5000 on 17th day, follicle didn't get ruptured, so I had a cetrorelix on 20th day. on 22nd day, I took a Transvaginal scan, for follicular study, They told follicle size is 2.3cm, endometrium is 12.5mm. Same size follice with septation. Please could you explain that what is meant by follicle septation? is it any dangerous one?
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Pregnancy
Follow-up: I have PCOS . I am Trying to conceive for 11 minutes later
Please reply me as soon as possible. I am expecting your answer very much. Please...

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not dangerous but needs monitoring.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your health concern with us.

Septate follicle can be due to a functional cyst or due to a complex cyst. In your case, this is more likely to be functional since you are being treated for infertility.

There is no need to worry, but follow up with repeat sonogram is necessary to see the progress. Spontaneous regression often occurs.

Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Hi Mam,
Septate follicle means follicle got ruptured ah?

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Follicle septation means the follicle contains septa or partitions on the inside. This happens when a cyst is formed. Here, since ovulation did not occur, the resultant follicle seems to have transformed into a cyst with septa.

Cetrorelix is actually prescribed to arrest premature ovulation. Please ask your consultant if another dose if FSH is being planned.

Going by the size of the follicle, it is possible that ovulation did not occur.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shanti.V.