I had unprotected sex with my wife on 20th October

Excellent
Question
I had unprotected sex with my wife on 20th October of 3rd day of period time. next day she got bleeding.but still current month period not came 9days delayed. The day before yesterday she taken pregnancy test, test was negative. Yesterday she taken menzovit plus.still period not came. pls help to get current month period. And also she planned to take mifeprin kit to get period early.is there any problem ?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wait for 1 more week. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I really do not advise you any medications until the reason for delyaed period is proved. As you had intercourse during your wife's period its highly unlikely to become pregnant. Other reason for delayed period could be stress, which can alter the periods. If this is the first time she has missed her periods, what I advise you is wait for another week and if still she does not get her periods then you can get a urine pregnancy test (UPT) done. Depending on the test result treatment can be planned. Personally I feel your wife will get period during this waiting period. If still she do not get the period, test for UPT, if it is negative she needs progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: I had unprotected sex with my wife on 20th October 35 minutes later
but he did the pregnancy test 2days back, the result was negative.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: My advise is to wait for 1 week. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thank you for the follow up question. Yes I know the test is negative, sometimes there can be remote chances of delayed conception. So to be on safer side I advise you to wait for one more week and recheck UPT, if still it is negative then you can consult a doctor for progesterone prescription for withdrawal bleeding. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!